Do you want the opportunity to positively impact the lives of an array clients, including the most disadvantage and vulnerable in our community who combat mental illness daily? Then NCMHID is the place for you.
Here at NCMHID you will learn how to:
· Work hands-on with individuals to teach them the coping skills to allow them to function in their day-to-day lives, such as symptom de-escalation techniques, anger management and even teaching indigent individuals how to budget.
· Educate clients on the role of medication in their mental health treatment, possible side-effects, and how their symptoms effect their lives.
· Learn how to link clients to community resources to assist them in paying for their medications, such as Nueces County Clinic Card, Purchases Orders and Physician’s Assistance Programs.
· Work with our medical team, including nurses and staff physicians, to provide the best community mental health treatment to our consumers.
· Show clients to complete clinical paperwork to ensure clients maintain their treatment and continue to progress with their mental health goals.
· And Much More!